Here's how today went - we...
- reviewed expectations and created class rules (ask your student about them AND our hand signals)
- created a "thing" for getting in our listening pose (ask your student about his/ her listening pose AND what we do to get in it!)
- designed very creative owls for decor around the room (they're "OWL"standing!)
- read two of Mrs. Thomas's favorite books: Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon and Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type.
- Had a class meeting.
- introduced "HOMEWORKOPOLY". Ask your student about this...it's waaaaay cool!
- Did some MATH:
We reviewed place value and practice arranged given digits in various ways according to directions. We most definitely need some additional practice with subtracting and remembering to borrow.
Also, we DO have HOMEWORK:
SPELLING: Complete sheet (this is due by tomorrow)
ADDITIONAL NOTE: In spelling, I add 5 additional words each week - these are called our WOW! Words. They are strictly bonus and do NOT count against a student for missing them - they only HELP the student. Each WOW! Word is worth 2points so a student has the potential to earn 110% on a spelling test. IF a student earns a 100% or above on the test, he/she will receive a "Homework Pass" to be used on a future assignment.
Our WOW! Words for this week are:
There will be more to tell as we pick up our studies and get going with our routines in our schedule and content areas. I do NOT have Scott County email set up just yet so if you need to get in contact with me, you can reach me at: email@example.com.
I think this is going to be a SENSATIONAL year and I already adore everything about Garth and your student!