Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

Well, it's been a rough past few days.  I was sick and I feel like it takes FOREVER to get back on track once you're out!  But, I'm here and I'm ready to roll!  We have LOTS of things happening over here in Thomasland and I hope to keep you informed!

Tonight, homework is completing READING LOGS and reading assignment for Mr. Featherston.

Another item was sent home today...
We are beginning our "SAVE THE LITERARY PUMPKINS!" projects!  Information was sent home with the students today saying, "The pumpkins in town need your family's help!!!  They don't want to be carved this year...here's where you come in!  To help disguise them from the carvers, turn them into your child's favorite storybook character!  The pumpkins can be real or fake.  Use acrylic paint, cotton, yarn, permanent markers...anything your family needs to turn your pumpkin into a book character and save it from being carved this year!"
  • Pumpkins are due on Monday, October 29th and will be taken home on Friday, November 2nd.
  • Please send in the book that shows your pumpkin's character.  I fyou do not have the book, let me know and I will see if I have a copy for you to use.
  • If you do not want your child's pumpkin to take the morning bus ride to school, feel free to drop it off during the morning of the 29th.
  • I cannot wait to see your creative designs!
Here is an example of a pumpkin done by a previous student of Mrs. Mullins:



I also wanted everyone to see the OWLSTANDING bulletin board created by Abigail and Adrianne.  Abigail drew the HOMEWORKOPOLY card that said for her to make a bulletin board.  She enlisted the help of Adrianne and together, they created this...

isn't it PRECIOUS?!?  They did a GREAT job!!!
in case you were wondering, HOMEWORKOPOLY looks like this...

Have a marvelous Monday!
See you tomorrow!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment