Monday, September 24, 2012

9.24.12

Hi all and Happy Monday!  Boy, has time been FLYING by or what?!?  I am so sorry about my neglectful posting last week!  No explanation excuses me not keeping you informed, but I am the busiest I've ever been in my life!  However, like I said, no excuses will work and it is my goal to post every single day for the rest of the year so you can feel as if you are a part of our day and "in the know" with the times of the terrific Thomas tots!

MATH:
We began our new unit on SUBTRACTION!  To do this, we looked at fact families and how subtraction relates to addition.
HOMEWORK: complete "Relate Addition to Subtraction" sheet.

SCIENCE:
Yes, you read that correctly, we FINALLY began SCIENCE today!!!  Students learned about the charactestics of living organisms and how to classify things as living, nonliving, or once living.
HOMEWORK: Complete a Scavenger Hunt around your house by creating a 3-part t-chart and listing objects as living, nonliving, or once living.

READING:
COMPLETE READING LOGS!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
PICTURE DAY IS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH!

Have a marvelous Monday!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment