Monday, December 12, 2011

12.12.11

Hello my "Nutty Buddies"!  And Happy LAST MONDAY OF SCHOOL IN 2011 to YOU!!!  Can you believe we only have FOUR days left until this school year is halfway complete?!?  Yikes!  I feel like there is so much we still need to cover...yet, I know that there's so much we already have as well!

WRITING/ READING:
We began/ finished our Midterm assessment and I am happy to report that we did A.W.E.S.O.M.E!  We had 7 Distinguished, 12 Proficient, and 2 Apprentice Highs!  This was a waaaaay difficult test over every. single. concept. we've covered so far this school year.  I am so proud of everyone...especially my reading kiddos who were using every tool in our test taking box as many hit a HOMERUN on this test!  Woooo hooooo...GOOOOO "Nutty Buddies"!  (Nutty Buddies is the nickname Jeremiah assigned to us for me to call our class since I'm always asking them if they're nutty, or telling them through giggles that they are nutty...which I LOVE so much about these tremendous friends up in room 105!)

Guess what?!?  We start our "Countries Around the World" project tomorrow and our class will be boarding a flight to Mexico to learn about Winter holiday traditions there!  Sadly, I will not have my homeroom friends back here in "Israel" with me until Friday!  Ahhhh!!!  Have fun in other countries for Reading friends!  Send me a postcard?!? 
HOMEWORK: none!  We have NO Vocabulary words this week due to our ehhh hemmm...worldly travels, so enjoy a week of less work to do at home!

MATH:
We had a special guest come work with us on multiplication and using pictures to solve multiplication equations.  We sure loved having Ms. Gordon here with us and we hope she had a great time too!

ALSO, we began our mathematics Midterm assessment.  This is even harder than the Reading test and the students are going well! 
Tomorrow, we take the MATH MAP assessment and then Wednesday, we will begin our math projects over, The Math Curse.
HOMEWORK: none

SCIENCE:
Ms. Frederick worked with us on natural disasters that can change the surface of our earth.
HOMEWORK: none.

REMINDERS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS:
NO vocabulary words this week

Math MAP test is tomorrow at 10:00a.m. in the computer lab.

Orchestra Concert is TONIGHT at 6PM

all reading chapter books MUST BE TURNED BACK INTO ME BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR WINTER BREAK!

we NEED supplies for our WINTER PARTY this Friday at 1:05. 
 **I sent a letter home on Friday, but please let me know if you would like another or have questions about what to send in.  We will be decorating cookies (with icing, sprinkles, M&Ms, chocolate chips, candy, etc.) AND making a snowman ornament that I made when I was in 5th grade and my mother STILL hangs on her tree.
Here was MY finished product!  Super cute, huh?!?  He's lost his arms over the years :(

**The supplies we need for this are: "Plaster-of-Paris"; white 'GESSO' paint; white, black, and orange acrylic paint, toothpicks; bobby-pins; fabric 1" thick (length does not matter); and ornament hooks. 


Our last day of School before Winter Break is THIS Friday.  School resumes Monday, January 2nd, 2012.
See?  That's ther beginning of the ornament...and that's me as a 5th grader...don't you dare laugh at my HUGE glasses, closed eyes, and neato turtleneck...bahahahahaha!  Okay, you can :)




PROOF that it is older than the kids!  17 years old this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment