Friday, December 2, 2011

12.2.11

Hello all and HAPPY DECEMBER!!!  I hope I find you well and wonderful on this fantastic, fabulous Friday!!  Yesterday, we 4th grade teachers had a Professional Development (a meeting) to attend so there were subs here for all 4 of us.  While I was disappointed in the actions of some, I am proud of most!  To my knowledge, you all were well-behaved for the most part with our sub!  yay!

READING & WRITING:
We took our vocabulary test and then had an assessment over our concept of focus this week: Identifying the Main Idea and finding and using Details to SUPPORT it.
HOMEWORK: i gave the assignment that ALL chapter books needed to be finished BY TODAY and I saw that SEVERAL friends had simply ignored that request.  Thus, they MUST be finished BY MONDAY or there will be consequences!

SCIENCE:
Students again got to work on studying the properties of different types of soils with Ms. Frederick.  They have such a GREAT time! 
HOMEWORK: none.

MATH:
Because of our GREAT behavior in Science yesterday (Ms. Frderick's sub said they were beyond phenomenal!), and our adaptability due to some unexpected incidents, I gave the students extra, EXTRA recess for the first half of math!
When we came in, we worked on reviewing and practicing some 3-digit multiplication and the students worked hard and did an excellent job!
HOMEWORK: none.

I hope you have a tremendous weekend!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment