Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12.13.11

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday! 

WRITING/ READING:
Today, we began our "Countries Around the World Holiday Study".  Our class was off to Germany with Ms. Schrader while I had Ms. Frederick's class in Israel in here with me.  It sure is fun being able to travel to a different country during the school day!  Tomorrow, our class will be heading to Ireland with Mrs. Butler while I have Mrs. Butler's class traveling with me. 
HOMEWORK: none.  BUT, have you turned in your group's chapter book to me yet?!?

SCIENCE:
We did not have Ms. Frederick today because of our winter Math MAP assessments this morning during our regularly scheduled Science time.

MATH:
This morning, we took our math MAP test and then this afternoon, we worked on completing our midterm assessment.  WARREN WAS OUR BIG WINNER ON GAIN AND SCORE!!!  Way to Go, Warren on your 224!!!  You are UNTOUCHABLE and we are so, so, sooooooo proud of you!
HOMEWORK: think of a math problem you might solve in your daily life.  We'll be doing projects for the remainder of this week with that idea in mind.

REMINDERS/ ANNOUNCEMENTS:

NO vocabulary words this week

all reading chapter books MUST BE TURNED BACK INTO ME BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR WINTER BREAK!

we NEED supplies for our WINTER PARTY this Friday at 1:05.

**I sent a letter home on Friday, but please let me know if you would like another or have questions about what to send in. We will be decorating cookies (with icing, sprinkles, M&Ms, chocolate chips, candy, etc.) AND making a snowman ornament that I made when I was in 5th grade and my mother STILL hangs on her tree.

**The supplies we need for this snowman ornament ^ are: "Plaster-of-Paris"; white 'GESSO' paint; white, black, and orange acrylic paint, toothpicks; bobby-pins; fabric 1" thick (length does not matter); and ornament hooks.


Our last day of School before Winter Break is THIS Friday. School resumes Monday, January 2nd, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment