Thursday, March 15, 2012

3.15.12

Happy Thursday, all!  What fantastic weather today, but boy has it ever been HOT in here?!? Wowza!  Like, I do not think anyone can fully comprehend what we've been dealing with...it is actually about 20 degrees cooler OUTSIDE, than it is INSIDE.  NO lie...it is stifling!  We are literally sweating our britches off!  Eeeeeee! 

Thank you to those of you who have sent back your conference forms!  Remember, it is first come, first serve and I MUST meet with you prior to my leave.  Next week is the best time to do so, so please get back with me ASAP to ensure a time that is convenient for you!

a.m. Activities:
This morning, we took our KPREP practice session assessment for Math.  It was HARD, but the students worked so well and so diligently and you should be very pleased with their efforts!

MATH:
After the practice test, we had Math.  I went over the workbook pages from last night to review hundredths and then I taught them 2 games to practice skill.  We had a lovely time!
HOMEWORK: none (for either class)

PM Activities:
We took a summative assessment over our skills of focus in READING for the previous weeks which was Main Idea, Author's Opinion, and Fact & Opinion.

REMEMBER, there is NO school tomorrow (Friday, March 16th) because of staff development day!  See you back here Monday, March 19th!

and good luck to our boys in blue, the C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS who take on my alma mater, WKU, tonight at 6:50!  I love my former school, but I will NEVER root against those WILDCATS!!!  Hopefully, we just keep on winning and winning until title number 8 is OURS!


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Have a terrific 3-DAY weekend!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment