Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12.16.2014 DAY EIGHTY-TWO


Good afternoon families!! Yes...I'm one of those that isn't too fond of cold weather! I looks like it will be here before we know it though! As you know, today was resource day for the kiddos. They had PE in the classroom since the K-3 Christmas Program was going on today...they did great with the change :) Isabelle has been working on her blog the past 2 days and you can get that HERE


I figured I could take this time for everyone to get to know a little about me since I'll be here a couple months! (Keep that baby nice & warm Mrs. Thomas!) 

I was born and raised here in Louisville, Ky & went to Catholic schools growing up. I attended St. Pius X for grade school, Assumption High School, then moved to Lexington, Ky to UK. I was at UK for a year and a half before moving back to wear my roots are. I then attended Galen College of Nursing and received my LPN Nursing Degree. (I currently work at Baptist East Hospital and they have been wonderful with allowing me to take on this long term substitute position!). In 2010 I decided to go back to school to get my Elementary Education Degree. I graduated 2 years ago from Spalding University & have been subbing ever since. My goal is to land a permanent teaching position for the Archdiocese of Louisville!
                                                                                                            
                          




Some fun facts about myself:
* I just bought my very 1st house (ME, MYSELF, & I) in September!
* My little sister, Audrey (only sibbling) just got married this past summer to Jacob (Louisville Fire Fighter) in St. Marteen!



* I with out a doubt am obsessed with my nephew...the DOG (Oakley);)



I absolutely LOVE working with children & am so excited for this amazing opportunity to teach 5th grade at SMA! I can't wait to get to know the kids even better!! With that said, I will have access to Mrs. Thomas' e-mail if you need to contact me for any reason while she is out :)

LANGUAGE ARTS:
HOMEWORK: Try to finish reading your books by Thursday. Online Reading Logs due Friday.
MATH: I CAN find the factors of a number.  2) I CAN identify prime and composite numbers.  3) I can find the prime factorization of numbers.
HOMEWORK: 3 Factor worksheets due tomorrow.
RELIGION:
HOMEWORK: Study Guides & activity due tomorrow.

Below are a few links we used in Math from yesterday's lesson!

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon & stays warm out there!! We all can't wait for Friday...Christmas is most definitely in the air!! 



xo -Ms. Ray



No comments:

Post a Comment