Thursday, March 5, 2015

3.5.15 DAY ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR

To the 5th grade of SMA,
     Where do I begin? I can't believe our time together has ended so soon. It feels like yesterday I met you all on Halloween @ school. Now with a snow day tomorrow, I will not be able to see your faces walk through that door every morning. I won't be able to see what we will be having for lunch each day @ SMA when doing lunch count in the morning. I won't be able to witness you all being able to FINALLY have outdoor recess! I won't hear all about your weekends and how these last Online Snow School days went. But most of all….I will miss TEACHING you all every day. 
     I have absolutely LOVED my time with you guys in the 5th grade!! I know it has been such a crazy year for you all with me filling in for Mrs. Schleg a few weeks & then coming in early for Mrs. Thomas. But you guys have handled EVERYTHING with the BEST attitudes & I can't thank you enough for allowing me into your lives. I'm going to miss you all dearly…and hopefully I can pop in and see you all very soon! 
     I am meeting up with Mrs. Thomas to catch her up with everything we've been doing in Language Arts and Math so she will be more than prepared to come right back into the groove of things! I know you all are SO SO SO excited to get her back into the classroom with you! 

     Below you can find your very last snow day assignments for this year! The ones from today (Thursday) are due to Mrs. Thomas NO LATER than first thing Tuesday morning. The assignments for tomorrow (Friday) will be due NO LATER than Wednesday morning.


LAST SNOW DAY ASSIGNMENTS:
MATH: Please complete Simple Solutions Lesson #10. I would also like you to complete the following problems in your Math Textbook…
  • Page 135 #36-44
  • Page 137 #31-34
  • Page 139 #22, 24, 26, and 28
  • Page 141 #27 & 28
  • Page 147 #31-33
READING: Read for 30 minutes and log your hours online.

WRITING: Now that you have created a timeline for your memoir, I would like you to answer the following questions in a few sentences for each. These thoughts will help you slow down the action of your memoirs by adding specific details.
  1. What is the memory you are writing about?
  2. Where and when did this memory take place?
  3. Using your timeline of events from yesterday; which of those events will you focus on to slow down the memory?
  4. What specific details will you add to help slow down this part of your memoir?
  5. Why did you choose to write about this memory?
  6. What feelings did this memory bring back?
These are all things that will be incorporated into your memoir pieces when you start writing.

Don't forget…if you have ANY questions at all about the assignments for tomorrow, e-mail me at Mrs. Thomas' e-mail between 10:00 AM-4:00 PM tomorrow. I hope you all are staying warm and cozy in your PJ's! Send some pics to Mrs. Thomas' e-mail of you doing your online school work in your PJ's drink in hot chocolate tomorrow :) I'd love to put them up on the blog here & I'm sure Mrs. Thomas would love to see them too! 


Take care and I'll see you all soon :)
XOXOXOXO- Ms. Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment