Monday, March 9, 2015

3.9.15 - DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-SIX

Hellllllo all!!!  Let me just say, it is SO, SOOOO very good to be back!  Oh my goodness gracious how I have missed my sweet kiddos here at SMA!  And our reunion this morning upon seeing each other?!?  Perfection.  I just CANNOT believe how fast this time has gone and that my babe is already 9 weeks old and that I've already missed that much time with these cuties here.  Yowza.  Time flies, but I am absolutely over the moon with elation to be back!

Today, we began our first round of Terra Nova testing, so our schedule was quite different.  We completed FIVE sections in the morning and then moved onto Math instruction...

MATH:
LEARNING TARGET: I CAN rename fraction sums.
We have soooooo much catching up to do, especially in math, so we will be hitting the ground running with my return.  We have GOT to get through the rest of these fractions asap (adding/ subtracting and multiplying/ dividing).  Thus, today, we had math with focus on addition of fractions with like denominators.  It is a concept that should be a review for much of the students.  We took a pretest over this so I can make an enrichment group for a project I planned and then learned about and reviewed that in order to add or subtract a fraction, it must have a like denominator and then must be renamed/ represented in the simplest form ALWAYS.
Here is a practice note from class...

We completed three practice sheets of this concept in class since there is NO homework this week due to Terra Nova testing and students also worked on completing Simple Solutions pages 11, 12, 13, and 14.
HOMEWORK: none (Terra Nova testing)

BOOK MADNESS (Tournament of Books)- 
I discussed this with the students today and posted about it last week.  Based upon NCAA's college basketball's March Madness, it is an exciting project where we are determining the 5th grade 2015 book of the year based on books we've read/ enjoyed throughout this school year.  Please see THIS POST for explanation of our project over the next couple of weeks.

*TOMORROW IS RESOURCE DAY!
We have Terra Nova testing for 45 minutes in the morning and then go about our Resource Day.
*Snow Day work from Thursday is due TOMORROW
*Snow Day work from Friday is due WEDNESDAY

Have a magnificent Monday!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment