Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2.23.11 - Watch out, there's a "link" for that!

Hello my tech savvy followers and readers!  Happy Wednesday!  The week is HALFWAY O-V-E-R...can you believe it?!?  I feel like it is going by so fast...well, in comparison to other weeks, at least :)

Anyway...
You know all those Apple iPhone/ iPad commercials claiming, "there's an 'app' for that"?!?  Well, I happen to feel that way about resources for school subjects so now I'm taking on the claim, "there's a link for that"!  Just check me out, you'll see...

Reading:
we got to do our reading rotation groups today!!!  AND...we got through ALLLLLL of them!!!  Woooo Hooo!!!  Each group had different rotations, but assignments at each rotations were the same and all had the emphasis on the concept of this week: Compare/ Contrast...along with our story, "Cook-a-Doodle-do". 
HOMEWORK: read NEXT chapter of your group's chapter book and complete a coinciding ROLE SHEET for your role.  Also, study your spelling words, but remember, completing another tic-tac-toe activity is strictly OPTIONAL and will count towards extra credit so have fun!  -OR- I could give you extra credit if you bring in proof you played an online game on one of the links below!
Today's reading links:
I have SOOOOOO many links for you to engage with at home!!!  Visit these, explore, and navigate your way through them to help you with any, every, and ALLLLL things READING! Gahhh...I LOVE the internet...what a USEFUL tool!

This link has TONS of ideas, activities, games, and powerpoints to help you prepare for your vocabulary/ spelling:

Visit this link for games to do with your SPELLING words!

Math:
our math class got off to a bit of a rough start today because I had a situation to 'tend' to and then we weren't all showing Mrs. Fitzpatrick (our 3rd grade assistant) the respect she so very much deserves.  Finally though, we got on track and were able to work through some multiplication.  Let me go on record to say that I am sorry about any complications you may have had or still, currently experience with workbook assigments.  We do go over every bit of that content here at school in math, but the workbook for some odd reason is always set up and/or worded entirely different from the textbook work!  CRAZY, huh?!?  I know some parts of the workbook last night were waaaay confusing and with that said, I am very sorry for causing any confusion or worry on your part.  I hope it helps you feel more at ease to know that their tests and other things are NOT set up in that fashion and I will do my best to make sure any homework assignments are not as confusing as that in the future!  Thank you for bearing with me through it all! 
HOMEWORK: We are getting ready to take our Multiplication Chapter Assessment so tonight, I copied the Chapter Wrap-up/Review from the TEXTBOOK so there will be NO confusing problems and only multiplication problems you (adults) are familiar with!  This packet is due by tomorrow!

GREAT Multiplication site for activities, games, and ideas for things to do with multiplication to help you practice!  THIS IS AMAZING!!!

PM activities:
we took an extra loooooong walk for exercise to fully ENJOY this B-E-A-U-TIFUL afternoon!!!
When we came in, we got in groups and will be group writing an ORQ on Fossils.  We are having so much fun doing them!
HOMEWORK: none written for Science tonight...but I'd absolutely LOVE it (hint, hint) if you visited some of these sites!!!
Virtual museum of fossils:

Trace fossil mystery:

Dinosaur Dig - FINDING FOSSILS!!!

Observe how FOSSILS can form!

American Museum of Natural History - Paleontology!  (such a COOOOOL site!):

PICK your Science topic:


HAVE FUN exploring these sites...(PLEASE DO!)
I L-O-V-E YOU!!!
xoxo,
Mrs. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment