Sooo...Ms. Ray made a little uh-oh on the blog as you can see! I was counting our days INCLUDING weekends & Christmas Break...whoops! So actually...TODAY is the REAL 100th day of school! Sorry for all the confusion ha! So since it was 100th day of school today...we had a fun 100th day challenge sheet we worked on in Language Arts. We also played BINGO this morning over the intercom with the rest of the school in celebration of Catholic Schools Week! There were tons of winners...just not in 5th grade :( Maybe next year kiddos!!
On Friday during our Class Meetings we will be having a little "refreshers course" on expectations and procedures for 5th grade. I think most of us have forgotten some basic things we learned & I think it would be good for ALL of us to go over these again :)
Check out Gavin's blog post from today by clicking HERE! LANGUAGE ARTS: I CAN...find inferences in text. We started wokring in our Reading Groups again with focusing on inferencing as well as working on our Young Authors pieces.
MATH:I CAN...write a fraction in lowest terms. Today we looked at some key terms with their definitions in Chapter 4. We also completed an Exit Slip on reducing freactions.
- WEDNESDAY'S FOCUS: Faith, Knowledge, & Service in our Nation. Families are asked to write letters to government leaders sharing the benefits of Catholic Schools to our community and how well prepared Catholic School graduates are as contributors to our society.
- Thursday our Liturgy (8:15) is planned by 5T!
- OPEN HOUSE FOR PARENTS THURSDAY (9:15-10:30)
- Friday is Spirit wear day.
- Saturday/ Sunday students wear their uniforms to mass to be honored.
**Saturday, February 7 is the Father/ Daughter Dance
Enjoy your afternoons and I'll see you in the morning :)
XOXO- Ms. Ray
XOXO- Ms. Ray